Its been a while since i last blogged, but heres my life in a word; troublesome. But anyways, it was my birthday last sunday and i made all the food 😀 so i was pretty impressed with myself which i shall share throughout my posts.
Ever go to those lunch time hotels during the day that have Schnitzel and chips? why pay $7.50 when you can make it at home! and even better 😀 WELL heres the recipe for a Herb and Pork Schnitzel.
Herb and Pork Schnitzel
- 8 Pieces of Pork loin
For the Crumb Mixture
- 1/4 cup of Parsley
- 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Plain Flour
- 2 tbs. of Paprika
- 1 tbs. of Thyme
- 1 tbs. of Garlic Salt
- 2 Eggs scrambled w/o whites
- Firstly with a mallet get each piece of pork and flatten out each piece of meat. Then place on a seperate plate. Combine the Parsley, Bread Crumbs, Paprika, Thyme and Garlic salt in a bowl. Place the plain flour and egg in separate bowls and this is your crumbing station!
- Preheat a pan with 3 cm of oil on medium high.
- To crumb pork, coat in flour, then egg then evenly coat in the crumb mixture and place on another place. Repeat this for each piece of meat.
- Place pieces of meat in the hot oil and cook until golden brown turning over when one side is done.
- Serve with Hot Potato Chips, and a side of ranch sauce.