So i was stalking/browsing on my facebook as i normally do and i saw this picture of an egg infused with bread so i tried to make it while giving it my own feel. You cannot have egg in the morning without bacon lol so i added it in too.
Egg-Toast with Bacon Filling
- 2 slices of white/wholemeal/multigrain bread
- 1 strip of bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 medium sized egg
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- Firstly, Preheat a pan over medium-heat with olive oil.
- Get 1 slice of bread and use the cookie cutter/egg ring to make a circle in it. ( you can really use any shape lol )
- Cook the bacon to however you like, then place on a paper towel to absorb any extra oil; the crispier the better
- With the bacon grease and olive oil in the pan still, Place both pieces of bread in the pan and cook until golden brown, then take out the piece that you didn’t cut and put it on a plate
- On the piece of bread still cooking, crack an egg into the middle of it and season with a pinch of salt. Cook the egg until the top is cooked, without flipping it. While that is happening, get the other piece of bread and spread egg-mayonnaise evenly over the top of it and place bacon strips evenly over it.
- Once the egg-toast is cooked place it on top of the other piece of bread and you’re done!