I’ve gotten really lazy to blog lately, but i’m going to make the effort now lol i’m learning so much from this new job hopefully i can put it into practice properly.
Well i was at home craving a burger, maccas was 10minutes away and so was oportos but i was kinda low on cash so i turned to my fridge(which is normally empty) and what do you know there was chicken breast and frozen chips which gave me the idea to make my own.
Battered-Chicken Burger with Spicy sauce
- 1 Chicken Breast Fillets
- For the batter
– 1/2 kg Plain Flour
– 3Tbs Garlic Powder
– 3Tbs Onion Powder
– 2Tbs Salt
– 1Tbs Ground Pepper
– 2 Tbs Paprika
– 2cups of water
- Burger Buns
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Whole-Egg mayonnaise
- American Mustard
- Tasty Cheese Slice
- For the Spicy Sauce
– 150g unsalted Butter
– 1 1/2 Tbs Spicy Paprika
– Nando’s Perri- Perri Sauce or Chilli sauce
- Frozen Chips
- Oil for deepfrying
- Preheat oil in a deep pan. Use just enough so that it will cover the chicken when submerged!
- Start off by making the seasoning flour for both the batter and to coat the chicken, in a bowl mix the plain flour, garlic powder,onion powder, salt, ground pepper, and paprika. When successfully mixed it should be an orange-like color. From here seperate half of it into another bowl to create the batter; by mixing in the water. Slowly whisk the water in to create a not too thick and not too thin batter.
- Next dip each piece of chicken in the batter making sure it is evenly coated then coating in the seasoned flour and placing on a plate. Once the oil is hot enough, place the chicken and deep fry for 10-15minutes depending on how fast it cooks.
- On a plate lay out your burger buns, spreading mayo on one of them followed by your lettuce,cucumber,tomato and onion.
- Start making the spicy sauce to coat the chicken piece; To do this in a small bowl place the butter and spicy paprika and microwave for 10seconds until the butter melts, once its done take it out and mix it while mixing in the perri-perri sauce to create a bright orange sauce.
- By now the chicken should be done, place it into a bowl along with some of the spicy sauce and toss around to evenly coat it. To melt cheese on it you can either place it in the oven on grill for a few minutes or microwave it. Place on the burger buns and you’re done!
Serve with potato chips or salad. Enjoy!