Roast pork is amazing any time of the year, and i’ve been perfecting my own recipe for it and here it is! It goes really well with other roast vegetables and a nice gravy made from the juices.
- 1 kg pork belly
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbs. cumin seeds
1. Press salt onto the pork rind about 1 hour before cooking( this absorbs some of the moisture)
2. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C
3. Scrape salt off the pork and pat dry with paper towel. Pour oil into an oven proof dish and put in oven for a minute to heat. When oil is warm, place pork in the dish, rind down. Add thyme sprigs and scatter pork with cumin seeds. You might also like to add potato and pumpkin to roast aswell.
4. Place pork in preheated oven and roast for 30minutes. reduce heat to 190 degrees C and roast for another 30 minutes, then turn meat over and roast for another 10-15 minutes more.
5. Remove and serve with gravy and roast veggies.