So i’ve been trying different types of chicken wing recipes as you’ve seen previously in my blog, but this is the perfect recipe for oven baking wings! I suggest you leave the marinade on the wings for as long as possible, even leave it a day before hand as it will make the wings taste amazing.
- 2.5kg of chicken wings separated into wings and drums
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. white vinegar
- 1/2 tbs. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbs. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 8 tbs. Nando’s Hot Perri Perri sauce
- 8 tbs. butter
1. Start by cleaning the chicken wings and removing an feathers. Washing in salty water helps remove the feathers and dirt alot easier.
2. To make the marinade, in a medium sized pot melt the butter and mix all ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Then allow to cool down.
3. Transfer the chicken into a large container and mix the marinade into it. Marinade for atleast 3-4 hours, the longer the better to allow the sauce to flavour the chicken.
4. To cook, spread out evenly on a foil-lined baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook for another 20 minutes until you see a colour difference.
5. Serve with carrots and celery sticks and ranch/bleu cheese dressing.