Lately i’ve been practicing how to make the perfect risotto, mind you i don’t really like cheese but with risotto it tastes so nice lol
- 60g butter
- 750g chicken thigh fillet, cut into pieces
- 4 cups arborio rice
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 spanish onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed and diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 cups grated parmesan
1. Preheat a bit of the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the chicken, garlic and mushroom thoroughly, add the cumin and salt in while this is happen. Remove the chicken and mushroom and put into a bowl to the side.
2. Add the rest of the oil into the same pan and sautee the onions until soft. Add the butter and continue to stir. Now add the rice and stir until all the butter and oil has been absorbed.
3. Continue this by adding the white wine in and stir until the grains appear glassy. Now Add the chicken stock 1 cup at a time and allow it to be fully absorbed. Repeat this with the remaining stock until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy. During this phase, you should also add cheese in little by little to add that extra flavour.
4. Once you think the risotto is ready, mix the chicken, garlic and mushroom in and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Serve with permesan cheese on top.